ADMISSION INTO PROGRAMMES IN UNIVERSITY OF UYO
Gaining admission to study into the University is purely on merit. University of Uyo as a centre of excellence admits candidates with the requisite qualifications for their programmes of choice.
Admission through UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination)
- Minimum of Credit passes in Five (5) subjects including English Language at the SSCE, GCE O’Level and any other equivalent examinations.
- UTME score of at least 180 and above (Subject to change).
- Post-UTME screening score of not less than 180 (Subject to Change).
- In addition to the above, candidates must make University of Uyo 1st or 2nd choice to qualify to write the Post-UTME Screening Test.
- Candidates who score less than 180 at the Post-UTME screening test are not eligible for admission into any programme in UNIUYO irrespective of any higher scores obtained at the UTME.
- For final selection into programmes, the candidate’s average scores from the UTME and Post-UTME screening Tests are used.
Though the average score of 180 is the barest minimum for admission, the cut-off point changes form programme to programme based on the overall performance of the candidates in the programme.
Admission through Direct Entry
- Minimum of credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language at SSCE, GCE O’Level or equivalent qualification.
- Either an HSC, OND or NCE in the relevant programme to be undertaken in UNIUYO.
- An acceptable score is prescribed for admission at the Direct Entry Screening Exercise.
- Final selection is a combination of candidate’s certificates and the direct entry screening result.